Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add gmail account to mail after IOS 16 update

Does anyone have a fix for adding a gmail account to mail after updating to IOS 16?

I was working after the upgrade but I then had to change the mailbox password, i changed the password and then tried to update it on the iPhone. It goes to the screen to sign into gmail by entering the account mail address and then click next and that is all that happens it will go no further.

If you try and sign in via Safari you can enter the mailbox and click next but then you get a 400 error

"The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should be retired. Thats all we know"

The other gmail account I have on the phone is working but I have not changed the password on this account.

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 12:55 AM

Create & use App Passwords

1. Go to your Google Account.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. ... 
  4. At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using Select device and choose the device you're using. ... 
  5. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. ... 
  6. Tap Done.

Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 12:55 AM in response to Troogroove

Create & use App Passwords

1. Go to your Google Account.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. ... 
  4. At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using Select device and choose the device you're using. ... 
  5. Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. ... 
  6. Tap Done.

Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

Cannot add gmail account to mail after IOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.