Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

Can’t start a new message by clicking number. What’s up? On iPhone

marty

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 2:23 PM

martymarks7676 wrote:

I have an iPhone 13pro and when I want to send a message on click on the app Message. A number appears in the left hand upper corner and I click on it and it gives me the blank to enter the contact name or number. After I send it I click the number to give me blank to send another message and nothing happens. Help

You open Messages and a number appears in the upper left corner? What kind of number? Do you have a conversation pinned? Does that number have a circle above it with a picture or a letter in it?

To start a new message, you generally go to the square with the pencil in the upper right corner. See the instructions here:

Send and receive messages on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 2:23 PM in response to martymarks7676

martymarks7676 wrote:

I have an iPhone 13pro and when I want to send a message on click on the app Message. A number appears in the left hand upper corner and I click on it and it gives me the blank to enter the contact name or number. After I send it I click the number to give me blank to send another message and nothing happens. Help

You open Messages and a number appears in the upper left corner? What kind of number? Do you have a conversation pinned? Does that number have a circle above it with a picture or a letter in it?

To start a new message, you generally go to the square with the pencil in the upper right corner. See the instructions here:

Send and receive messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.