Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating itunes?

need help updating itunes account as I am not able to update my ipad mini and don't want to restore it and lose all my data on it.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:59 AM

You should not need to go to a URL in order to update your iTunes programme (and there is no update for your iTunes Store account). Instead, to update iTunes (the programme) click on the Help menu (1.) at the top of the iTunes window and on that drop-down menu click on Check for Updates (2.):

• if the option to Check for Updates is present, click on it and then follow the prompts that appear on-screen. If there is an update available, the prompts will lead you through the steps required to install the update. If there is no update available for your iTunes, the prompt will tell you that your iTunes is up to date. As you can see below, today (31st January 2023) the message states This version of iTunes (12.12.7) is the current version:

• if the option to Check for Updates is not present on the Help menu, it means that your version of iTunes came from the Microsoft Store and will update automatically without you doing anything

If you are still having issues, please state what the exact issue is (i.e. why you think you need to update iTunes but can't) and whether your iTunes has:

1. the Check for Updates option
    2. which version of iTunes it tells you is installed (Help/About iTunes) and
    3. which version of Windows you are using on your computer

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 8:59 AM in response to mansionminders

You should not need to go to a URL in order to update your iTunes programme (and there is no update for your iTunes Store account). Instead, to update iTunes (the programme) click on the Help menu (1.) at the top of the iTunes window and on that drop-down menu click on Check for Updates (2.):

• if the option to Check for Updates is present, click on it and then follow the prompts that appear on-screen. If there is an update available, the prompts will lead you through the steps required to install the update. If there is no update available for your iTunes, the prompt will tell you that your iTunes is up to date. As you can see below, today (31st January 2023) the message states This version of iTunes (12.12.7) is the current version:

• if the option to Check for Updates is not present on the Help menu, it means that your version of iTunes came from the Microsoft Store and will update automatically without you doing anything

If you are still having issues, please state what the exact issue is (i.e. why you think you need to update iTunes but can't) and whether your iTunes has:

1. the Check for Updates option
    2. which version of iTunes it tells you is installed (Help/About iTunes) and
    3. which version of Windows you are using on your computer

Jan 31, 2023 5:45 AM in response to mansionminders

To update iTunes (the programme, rather than your account), click on iTunes' top bar menu Help/Check for Updates. The prompt will tell you if there is an update available and what to do then.

If the Help menu does not have a Check for Updates option, that means that you have the Microsoft Store version of iTunes, which automatically updates without the need for you to do anything.

updating itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.