Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

your network preferences prevent content from loading privately.

I have this message on my mail: your network preferences prevent content from loading privately.

How do I make my mail download photos?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:17 AM

Yes, it does have something to do with it.

With Mail Privacy Protection enabled, it will load remote content (images where the source is from a web site) using two independent relays to anonymize the request so spammers won't know the request came from your IP address.

If the network settings cannot support the double relay, and you have Mail Privacy enabled, it won't load the remote content without pressing the Load Content button. You can disable Mail Privacy Protection in the Settings, Privacy Tab so it will always load the remote content without having to click the button.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 8:17 AM in response to Staynavytom

Yes, it does have something to do with it.

With Mail Privacy Protection enabled, it will load remote content (images where the source is from a web site) using two independent relays to anonymize the request so spammers won't know the request came from your IP address.

If the network settings cannot support the double relay, and you have Mail Privacy enabled, it won't load the remote content without pressing the Load Content button. You can disable Mail Privacy Protection in the Settings, Privacy Tab so it will always load the remote content without having to click the button.

your network preferences prevent content from loading privately.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.