Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add email to block senders manually

If I click on the + button to add an email address to the blocked list, it brings up my contacts to search for an email address, and has no option to add manually. Funnily enough, I want to block a sender who isn't in my contacts list.

How?

(I'm using OS 12.4 but the list on here didn't give me Monterey as an option so I had to pick something else.)

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:57 AM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2023 10:23 AM in response to BDAqua

Is that really how it works? I was hoping someone would reply and point out I've been doing it wrong.

Whilst I've got you here, what I really wanted to do was to add the domain for an email address and block that because I keep blocking my spam and they change the word before the @. So I block info@spam.com and then I get an email from site@spam.com and so on.

Do you know if I can block a domain only, or some kind of wildcard and the domain? I was going to test it, but then hit this issue. Alternatively I was going to try creating email addresses with whatever word I thought they might use. My spam count has ballooned ridiculously in the past few weeks.

My guess, from the way it seems to work, is that no I can't do that.

Thank you

can't add email to block senders manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.