Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari startup page

How can I get to the safari homepage? The page does not appear.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:05 AM

if you mean that you want to set a specific website as your "homepage", follow kaz-k's suggestion.

but if you do mean the safari "start page" go into Safari Settings in the general tab and change either or both "New windows open with:" and / or "New tabs open with:" to "start page".

5 replies

Feb 1, 2023 4:55 PM in response to vanessa815

vanessa815 wrote:

thanks unfortunately it did not get me to the startup page with all my favorites. i keep getting redirected to a search marquis page.

that tells me that you've managed to install some malware. that is the usual way to get a search marquis redirect. I would suggest that you use the trial version of malwarebytes to find and remove it.

but if you are somewhat competent with your Mac, you can also check out this prior apple support community discussion: Search marquis - Apple Community. it tells you another way of dealing with it.

safari startup page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.