Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift movie bought on iTunes App never delivered to recipient, but my Apple Card was charged.

I "gifted" my daughter an iTunes movie using the iTunes App on my iPad (apparently the only way to gift a movie to someone, which itself seems odd). I picked a "virtual card" and had it sent to my daughter, and my Apple Credit card was charged. She never got the movie. All of the advice at Apple says got to "reportaproblem.apple.com", but at that site you cannot actually report a problem with a movie purchase... only ask for a refund. I don't want a refund (movie was on sale for $4.99 and now is more expensive). As far as I can see, there is no way to "re-send" or "re-notify" a gift recipient that they have a movie available. I called apple support and was put on hold for "3-5 minutes", but line went dead 35 minutes later (after being on phone for 50 min total). There has to be a better way to resolve this.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 1:14 PM

Hi Was2be

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Sorry I don't know a whole lot about gift purchases, yet your question surely deserves a response.

Seems your daughter may still need to download the movie to her device. Wondering if there was a download link in the card she received ... (may be there in her eMail.)

Else:

Apple support have a link to "REdownload" any previous purchases:

eg: How to: Redownload TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

and for trouble-shooting:

Learn what to do if you can't re-download an item or if you can't see the item in your purchases. If there's an issue when you re-download apps, films or other content from Apple – Apple Support

Also:

There's a "Resend a gift" section in the following article:

Gift apps, music, movies, and more from Apple

More info on resending a gift

or "If there's an issue when you send a gift*

Gift apps, music, films and more from Apple – Apple Support

For more support, if needed:

iTunes Support Website:

Click the "Get Support" link at the bottom of their website

(eg: online chat, phone, eMail etc.)

iTunes - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 1:14 PM in response to Was2be

Hi Was2be

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Sorry I don't know a whole lot about gift purchases, yet your question surely deserves a response.

Seems your daughter may still need to download the movie to her device. Wondering if there was a download link in the card she received ... (may be there in her eMail.)

Else:

Apple support have a link to "REdownload" any previous purchases:

eg: How to: Redownload TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

and for trouble-shooting:

Learn what to do if you can't re-download an item or if you can't see the item in your purchases. If there's an issue when you re-download apps, films or other content from Apple – Apple Support

Also:

There's a "Resend a gift" section in the following article:

Gift apps, music, movies, and more from Apple

More info on resending a gift

or "If there's an issue when you send a gift*

Gift apps, music, films and more from Apple – Apple Support

For more support, if needed:

iTunes Support Website:

Click the "Get Support" link at the bottom of their website

(eg: online chat, phone, eMail etc.)

iTunes - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Feb 2, 2023 5:41 PM in response to brbo

Thanks, Brbo. I did finally talk to Apple Support and they were able to show me a way to "resend" a gift. On iOS it is inside "Settings" --> "AppleID, iCloud, etc." --> Media & Purchases (choose "View Account") --> Gifts, and you can see your gifts and resend ones that have not been redeemed. So, the functionality that I wanted is there... it was just difficult to find without guidance. All is well at the end of the day, and my daughter got her gift. Thanks for the very thorough advice above.

Gift movie bought on iTunes App never delivered to recipient, but my Apple Card was charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.