Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV eARC still causes loud popping

I was hoping the release of tvOS 16.3 would finally fix the long standing popping sound issue with eARC but sadly it’s still present. I’m using two HomePods minis of course in a stereo pair and if “Play Television Audio (eARC)” is off they work fine but if it’s turned on then after any time between an hour or a few days super loud popping will start to happen every 30 seconds to 5 minutes or so.

I really hope this issue isn’t also present with the HomePod 2nd Gen or I’ll have to return them.

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:56 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 31, 2023 11:08 PM in response to FTV

Have you given feedback to Apple about this? Be as detailed and descriptive as possible within the 800 character limit of the comment field of the feedback form, including about other equipment (TV, etc.) in the setup, in case that is a factor. Your setup will be different from Apple’s design lab, where this issue may never have happened. Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

Apple TV eARC still causes loud popping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.