Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No volume on my HDM 3 via Apple TV

My apple TV on HDM 3 is all of a sudden unable to hear the volume but get a picture. I used Netflix the night before but the next day as I arrived late, I went to switch the TV off and am able to change stations but no sound. I have checked the wires but doesn't seem to have a problem. I have a volume on HDM1 mainstream TV.

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 10:57 AM

What is your audio setup? Do you use the TV’s built-in speakers, or something else?

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Check the set audio output on Apple TV. For audio over HDMI (including passthrough), set to ‘TV Speakers’.

Check the set audio format. Auto (PCM Multichannel) or Change Format. For Change Format, try Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo.

Check the set audio bit depth. Auto or fixed normal 16-bit. Some audio might be 24-bit, which some systems may not be able to process.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 10:57 AM in response to 14-26-29afjune55

What is your audio setup? Do you use the TV’s built-in speakers, or something else?

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Check the set audio output on Apple TV. For audio over HDMI (including passthrough), set to ‘TV Speakers’.

Check the set audio format. Auto (PCM Multichannel) or Change Format. For Change Format, try Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo.

Check the set audio bit depth. Auto or fixed normal 16-bit. Some audio might be 24-bit, which some systems may not be able to process.

No volume on my HDM 3 via Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.