Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing id / ownership on iPad

I inherited my brother's iPad after his death. How do I change my iPad's id to mine? and following that, how do I use my iCloud storage plan to offload some of the info on this iPad?

iPad, 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 6:28 AM

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts, and through this their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

Once you have control over the account on the device you can remove it and follow the steps in this document for making it ready for your use:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 6:28 AM in response to IslandStudiesPres

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts, and through this their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

Once you have control over the account on the device you can remove it and follow the steps in this document for making it ready for your use:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

changing id / ownership on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.