Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail number badge

After backing up and rebooting my iPhone 3 days ago I no longer have number badge notifications. I'm using ios16.3 and have checked both notification settings and mail settings and all seems in order. I also offloaded the mail app and reloaded it again. So far still no number notification number badge. Any known solution?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:26 PM

Hello lstroup,

Let's check under the Settings > Focus menu to see if you have a Focus enabled that might prevent the app badges from appearing: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You'll also want to verify the Badges option is enabled for each app under the Settings > Notifications menu.

Should that behavior still persist after checking those items, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'll be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 12:26 PM in response to lstroup

Hello lstroup,

Let's check under the Settings > Focus menu to see if you have a Focus enabled that might prevent the app badges from appearing: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You'll also want to verify the Badges option is enabled for each app under the Settings > Notifications menu.

Should that behavior still persist after checking those items, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'll be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

Feb 4, 2023 1:55 PM in response to chuckbl

Thanks for your reply chuckbl. I stumbled across this solution by accident while expecting a phone call and disabling Do Not Disturb so I could hear the ringer. All of a sudden the badges had reappeared. I believe ios16 has rearranged these settings because the number badges had never disappeared before. Anyway all is well again. Thanks again for your support.

Mail number badge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.