Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max

How do I measure cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max?

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 5:33 PM

MGEE1 Said:

"cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max: How do I measure cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max?"

-------

About Cellular Signal Strength:

A. Being Signal Strength:

Look at the vertical bars on the top-right of your iPhone. That shows you how much of a signal you have. As to whether you see 5G, you can only get what your device is capable of, and what services is available in your area. So, if you have a 5G-compatible phone, and only 4G is there, then you only get the speed of 4G.

B. View your Cellular Plan:

As for the speed, ask your Carrier, or log into their site, and view your cellular plan.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 5:33 PM in response to MGEE1

MGEE1 Said:

"cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max: How do I measure cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max?"

-------

About Cellular Signal Strength:

A. Being Signal Strength:

Look at the vertical bars on the top-right of your iPhone. That shows you how much of a signal you have. As to whether you see 5G, you can only get what your device is capable of, and what services is available in your area. So, if you have a 5G-compatible phone, and only 4G is there, then you only get the speed of 4G.

B. View your Cellular Plan:

As for the speed, ask your Carrier, or log into their site, and view your cellular plan.

cell signal strength on an iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.