Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ColorSync

When trying to spot measure the colour value of a photograph I have hit a snag.Using the calculator in ColorSync the target circle will only read the value of the desktop screen below the picture. Its as if the reading is ignoring the colours in the picture.

Rob

Ventura 13.1 on iMac M1

iMac 24″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 12:53 AM

This looks like it may be a bug in the ColorSync utility where the calculations may fail to account for the high resolution of the display, or do the correct scaling.

I have just tried this with different options for resolution on my MBP screen, and it turns out that it works correctly in the default setting, and with "more space", but incorrectly with "larger text".

You may want to try and use a different screen resolution and see if it works correctly then. Not a solution, but at least a workaround.

You may also want to report this to feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 12:53 AM in response to Goldfinch26

This looks like it may be a bug in the ColorSync utility where the calculations may fail to account for the high resolution of the display, or do the correct scaling.

I have just tried this with different options for resolution on my MBP screen, and it turns out that it works correctly in the default setting, and with "more space", but incorrectly with "larger text".

You may want to try and use a different screen resolution and see if it works correctly then. Not a solution, but at least a workaround.

You may also want to report this to feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback

Feb 2, 2023 9:44 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Ok The screen is the Built in Display Ventura Graphic. Dark Still.

so I open in Preview a PDI Test Image approx 5x7

Then open ColorSync Using the calculator built into ColorSync and hover over the picture.The issue is that instead of giving a value for any colour within the image it seems that the Desktop image below is what ColorSync is reading. Move anyway and the only colour read is the Desktop.

If it helps I do have an issue opening ColorSync sometime have to close down and re-open.

Rob

ColorSync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.