Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t log-in to my user account.

I can’t log-in into my user account. After typing in my password, the computer behaves like I typed in a wrong one. The prompt is „shaking“.

How ever, I can log-in into my admin account. I can change the login password of my user account but I still cannot log-in to my user account with the new password.

So far, I have done a  PRAM reset and Disk Utility repair, but no change. I still can’t login.

My keyboard seems to work and I have caps lock disabled.

Any idea to log-in?

MacBook Pro mid 2022, macOS 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:11 AM

I finally managed to log in to my user account.

How?

I repeated the process of resetting the password from my admin account. This time I gave the user account a new (!) password instead of re-entering the old password.

Conclusion:

Even if I still don't know what caused this problem, I wouldn't be able to solve it without an additional account. Having at least two accounts, an admin and a user account, is not only helpful for Internet security reasons, but can also help in solving problems.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 5:11 AM in response to yoyoBen

I finally managed to log in to my user account.

How?

I repeated the process of resetting the password from my admin account. This time I gave the user account a new (!) password instead of re-entering the old password.

Conclusion:

Even if I still don't know what caused this problem, I wouldn't be able to solve it without an additional account. Having at least two accounts, an admin and a user account, is not only helpful for Internet security reasons, but can also help in solving problems.

I can’t log-in to my user account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.