Stuck on MacBook Pro login screen after changing user name

I have changed the user name of my mac just followed the guide appeared 1st on the google search. After that Mac restarted automatically. However i type right password it stucks on loading. There is no other user account.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 9:47 PM

elbegsaikhan Said:

"Stuck on login screen after changing user name: I have changed the user name of my mac just followed the guide appeared 1st on the google search. After that Mac restarted automatically. However i type right password it stucks on loading. There is no other user account."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Login Password:

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2023 9:47 PM in response to elbegsaikhan

elbegsaikhan Said:

"Stuck on login screen after changing user name: I have changed the user name of my mac just followed the guide appeared 1st on the google search. After that Mac restarted automatically. However i type right password it stucks on loading. There is no other user account."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Login Password:

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

Sep 15, 2023 5:21 PM in response to elbegsaikhan

elbegsaikhan wrote:

I have changed the user name of my mac just followed the guide appeared 1st on the google search.

as in, you went into System Settings > Users & Groups and changed your user name there? if that is what you did, you should have used the steps in Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder. those directions need to be followed to the letter. especially the part that those steps need to be carried out while logged into a different Admin account.

if those steps were not followed, if even one mistake was made, you can be locked out of your user account. and It is very difficult, if not impossible to recover from that. please tell us that you have a backup.

Sep 15, 2023 5:44 PM in response to elbegsaikhan

Restore your Time Machine backup from prior to the change, and then follow this sequence:

Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

That sequence does work, when followed exactly.

The first thing in Google, unfortunately, is too often malware, scams, or junk.

This is unrelated to and is very unlikely to be resolved by a password change.

Stuck on MacBook Pro login screen after changing user name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.