Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

My husband has Apple TV + and we have family sharing on and have added my Apple ID. Can I log into another Apple TV decide with my id and access Apple TV +. Doesn’t seem to allow me access to paid content

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:53 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2023 3:27 PM in response to s7m1b10k12

Hello s7m1b10k12,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. There are steps available to help you access the subscription service for Apple TV+ in Family Sharing. We recommend for the family organizer to follow these steps to ensure that purchasing sharing is turned on.

Check your Family Sharing settings
Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.

On your iPhone or iPad with iOS 16 or later
1. Go to Settings > Family.
2. Tap your name. 
3. Make a note of which Apple ID is listed.
4. Tap Purchases. 
5. Tap Apple ID for Purchases and make sure that you're signed in with with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing. If not, tap Share using secondary Apple ID and enter the Apple ID and password for that Apple ID. 

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 15 or earlier
1. Go to Settings, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
2. Tap your name. 
3. Make a note of which Apple ID is listed. You'll need to use this Apple ID to sign in later.
4. Tap Back to go back to Family Sharing.
5. Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share Purchases with Family is turned on.
6. Tap Back, then tap Apple ID.
7. Tap Media & Purchases.
8. Tap View Account.
9. Sign in with your Apple ID. Make sure that you sign in with with the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.

On your Mac with macOS Ventura or later
1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Family.
2. Click Purchases.
3. Under Apple ID for Purchases, make a note of which Apple ID is listed.
4. Open the App Store.
5. Choose Store > Account.
6. Click Account Settings.
7. Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.
On your Mac with macOS Monterey or earlier
1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.
2. Click Purchase Sharing.
3. Make a note of which Apple ID is listed. You'll need to use this Apple ID to sign in later.
4. Make sure that Share My Purchases is selected.
5. Open the App Store.
6. Choose Store > View My Account.
7. Click View Information.
8. Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.

Following these steps can help and is outlined here: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, within the same article you'll want to follow the next section that says, "If you still can't find shared content."

Kind regards.

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.