Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music keeps asking me to login even though I'm already logged in and it won't accept my apple ID password

I just bought a brand new mac, it's completely up to date with everything. my os is Venture 13.2. I wanted to sync my music library to my old iphone 7. I managed to login on Apple music on both devices using my apple ID. Then I tried figuring out how to sync my libraries, and the "sync libraries" option isn't on my mac or on my phone, so this isn't an option. I authorized my mac on apple music. It again asked for my apple ID and said my password was wrong, so I changed it to the exact same password that I thought that I had just used to login on my phone. It worked. Then I try to look at my account on my mac. It again, asks me to login, says my password THAT I JUST CHANGED AND USED TO LOG INTO APLLE SUPPORT RIGHT NOW is incorrect. I tried changing the password trick again, but I really don't want to change my password right now (it's brand new and I struggle remembering the new ones and just memorized this one ffs). I tried just changing the password to my current password and again, apple music said I can't use a password that I've used in the past year. WTH.

Please, I just spent way too much money on this computer just to have it bug out a week after I start using it. Makes me think I should've changed to Windows.

*edit* I just logged out to see if I could sign in again and maybe fix the problem this way. Nope! Now I'm just permanently locked out of my account.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 7:10 AM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2023 7:07 PM in response to Ayco120

Seems sometimes we need to "Restart" a Mac or device if to see updated changes we have only just made take effect.

How to restart Mac:

Shut down or restart your Mac – Apple Support

Re: Locked out

If you can not log back in:

Apple support have article online (link below) that may help:

What to do: If you forgot your Mac login password

Re: Apple ID

When you re-gain access to your Mac:

Check you are signed in (to your Mac) with your Apple ID

After you are signed in you should be able to access Apple Music ok.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Hope this helps :-)

Apple music keeps asking me to login even though I'm already logged in and it won't accept my apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.