Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drainage

Hi, To whosoever it may concern. I am facing an issue of my battery draining fast in my iPhone 14 pro max since I had updated to iOS 16.3. It was good until I had updated so I would like some suggestions for this. Thank you

iPhone 14 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:34 AM

How old is the iPhone 14?

On average, Battery Health / Maximum Capacity will decline about 1% a month. That is an average though. The battery might not decline at all for a few months, then drop 2-3% the next month. This is normal.

So if your iPhone 14 is 6 months old, the Max Capacity should be at about 94%. After 12 months, it will be at about 88-90%. Expect to replace the battery at about 2 years, or about 24 months from the purchase date.

If the battery drops to less than 80% Max Capacity and the iPhone is covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the battery at no charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 9:34 AM in response to ALIDHARANI31

How old is the iPhone 14?

On average, Battery Health / Maximum Capacity will decline about 1% a month. That is an average though. The battery might not decline at all for a few months, then drop 2-3% the next month. This is normal.

So if your iPhone 14 is 6 months old, the Max Capacity should be at about 94%. After 12 months, it will be at about 88-90%. Expect to replace the battery at about 2 years, or about 24 months from the purchase date.

If the battery drops to less than 80% Max Capacity and the iPhone is covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the battery at no charge.

Battery drainage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.