Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2023 M2 MacBook Pro 16 issues

I received my M2 MacBook Pro 16 and i am having problems with set up.

1. it claims no internet connection when it is visibly connected
  2. it was peer to peer to my old iMac for over 20 hours and did not fully migrate
  3. i tried to connect via apple ID. it rejected my apple ID

very troubling. this is my 7th apple device. i never had any such problems.

what do i do?

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 12:58 AM

Get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

4 replies

Feb 6, 2023 4:03 PM in response to dcmargo54

Just like I experienced when I bought the 2022 MBP back in Nov 2021. Returned it.

Waited for the 2023 MBP M2 MAX Apple M2 Max with 12‑core CPU, 38‑core GPU and 16‑core Neural Engine, 96GB unified memory, 4TB SSD.

Now I am in trepidation that I may experience similar problems. I'll thrash it over the next week and return it before the 14 days is up if any hint of a problem. Hopefully not as I'm getting Super Deduction Capital Allowance on this which equates to 24.7% discount (SD ends on 31 March this year) plus VAT back and cost offset against CGT..

Interesting journey to the UK.

Feb 6, 2023 2:24 PM in response to MyMacIssues2023

I just returned my 2023 16" MacBook Pro because of a wide array of issues I was having. None of my other computers on my network could access it, although it was visible on the network. I had finder screens freezing up while trying to add locations in sharing. At times I couldn't even access sharing. I had issues with apps not closing or starting. I couldn't even force close apps. I had shutdown issues where it would just freeze on the blank desktop. I even had issues with the music app. When I would start Music, the volume would be way down until I restarted the app. I spent hours and hours trying to resolve these things. I spent two hours online with Apple support. They couldn't figure it out either. They said that all my settings were correct. The more time I spent on the computer, the more new issues would crop up. Finally, I just realized that I got a lemon and made the decision to return it. I only had it for a week and was well within the two week period of unconditional returns, which went very smoothly. It's too bad because the machine otherwise was fantastic. I have a 2019 Intel Macbook Pro and this one blew the doors off of it. I did the migration too and I wonder if there were issues with that process. So I wiped it clean to factory and set it up manually and all of the issues remained and multiplied. My intention is to buy another one and hope for the best. But I am kind a little wary to do that. I'm sure I'll try again, though. I really liked that machine and I want to get into Apple silicon.

2023 M2 MacBook Pro 16 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.