Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Apps on iPhone XR

Hey guys I’ve been having a problem when I download apps. When I try to download apps or games on the App Store it comes up with a verification to view billing information when I have it selected as none and when I enter my password it comes up to put a debit or credit card in and these are free apps and I used to have a debit card linked but I removed it and it didn’t fix the problem if you have any idea how to fix please let me know

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 2:18 AM

You need to -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 2:18 AM in response to Xxxx___

You need to -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Feb 3, 2023 2:40 AM in response to Xxxx___

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 & 3 ⤵️ 

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

Resolve a problem with your payment method

If your payment method has expired, declined or failed, or a message says "There is a Billing Problem with a Previous Purchase"

Can't download Apps on iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.