Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trading In

I have an old Macbook Pro (2013) and an old iPad Pro (2015) that I want to trade in for a new iPad Pro (11 inch? maybe). Can I have an Apple Genius at the store transfer all the data to the one new device and also save money on purchase with the trade-ins?

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Cell 5G

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:27 AM

You can check eligibility for trade-in - and obtain an estimated trade-in value for your devices - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Transferring data between like devices is relatively simple. You simply create an iCloud or iTunes backup - and restore the backup to the new/replacement device - either during initial setup, or after:

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

The technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will often be able to assist with the transfer process - although making an appointment for your visit is advisable. Without an appointment, there may be long waiting times for walk-in assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 4:27 AM in response to whitewave

You can check eligibility for trade-in - and obtain an estimated trade-in value for your devices - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Transferring data between like devices is relatively simple. You simply create an iCloud or iTunes backup - and restore the backup to the new/replacement device - either during initial setup, or after:

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

The technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will often be able to assist with the transfer process - although making an appointment for your visit is advisable. Without an appointment, there may be long waiting times for walk-in assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Feb 5, 2023 5:49 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank-you very much for such a fast reply! Your reminder to make an appt with a Genius is an added bonus; I actually forgot about that, so this advance warning will no doubt save me a long wait! 😉 I will probably get in touch with my local Apple store very soon...the slowness and sluggish response on my iPad is driving me nuts! And I see that the newest version has some features that I could really use as well (the magnetized Apple pencil feature, for one)!

Trading In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.