Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications are being restarted after coming back to foreground

Hi,

I am becoming very frustrated and desperate with this problem on my 12 Pro Max. I have updated a phone to the latest version (16.3) and I thought my problems will disappear after the update, but they still exist.

I will try to explain problem:

When I do open one application (for example Instagram) and go to someone's profile. After that, I put Instagram to the background and open other application (Twitter). I repeat the same action, going to someone's profile to see what she/he tweeted. After 1 minute, I decide to go back to the Instagram application, Instagram application is being restarted and take me back to the first screen (homepage), not on user's profile where I was before. The same situation is when I go back to the Twitter. I am on homepage, not on user's profile.

This is a totally strange behaviour and I do not know what to do. As far as I remember, I didn't change anything in Settings that can be connected to this problem.

Has someone had the similar problems with device?

Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 5:39 AM

Instagram is not an Apple Product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support  or Instagram Help Center

Twitter is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Twitter Help Center

Similar questions

2 replies

Applications are being restarted after coming back to foreground

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.