Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from iPad suddenly shrinking to top corner of paper

My Canon printer has suddenly started printing small, shrinking to LH top corner of paper.

I use an iPad Air 5th gen. Running 16.3 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer to see if that would clear the problem -to no avail. Does anyone know of a fix please?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 9:23 AM

When selecting Print from the relevant action menu, you will first see a page from which to select the print options:

Allow a few seconds for the iPad to retrieve information from the printer - then check the selected Paper Size and scaling matches the paper loaded in your printer. Only when you have set the correct parameters should you tap the Print button at upper-left.

The above example shows 3x5” selected as the default paper size - which does not match the paper loaded in my own printer. You may see something very similar?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 9:23 AM in response to Olimacamy

When selecting Print from the relevant action menu, you will first see a page from which to select the print options:

Allow a few seconds for the iPad to retrieve information from the printer - then check the selected Paper Size and scaling matches the paper loaded in your printer. Only when you have set the correct parameters should you tap the Print button at upper-left.

The above example shows 3x5” selected as the default paper size - which does not match the paper loaded in my own printer. You may see something very similar?

Printing from iPad suddenly shrinking to top corner of paper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.