Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icons on toolbar

I have 10 icons on the third lowest top toolbar (for amazon, booking.com, pinterest, 2 for aol, Google Chrome, and others) of my MacBook Air and I cannot figure out how they got there or (more important) how to get rid of them. They're not bookmarks, favorites, frequently visited sites (altho they are all sites that I have visited at some point), or identified on ANY of the "toolbar" searches I have tried. When I click on them, the screen immediately opens on the site. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 1:15 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2023 12:56 PM in response to opierosenfeld

opierosenfeld wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

you're welcome. :)

Dragging the icons to the right and then x-ing them worked! How did they get there in the first place? Was I inadvertently "pinning" them?

since you were unsure what they even were, I would say, yes, you inadvertently pinned them. ;)

for your future use, please see Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

icons on toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.