You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new focus and do not disturb

I may be missing something but now when I set my do not disturb, it silences everything, even the ones I allowed. Combining it with Focus has made it much more user unfriendly in my opinion.

1. How do I set it so ANY calls from people not in my contacts gets silenced
  2. How do I create new groups now on my phone

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 3:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2023 3:58 PM in response to elcpu

Yeah the first suggestion is not only not helpful, they didn't even read what I wrote. Not seeing how t solve my problem. I set DO NOT DISTURB said ALLOW from my contacts only and even their calls and texts get silenced

I may be missing something but now when I set my do not disturb, it silences everything, even the ones I allowed.

Feb 6, 2023 9:35 AM in response to aberrebbi

Hello aberrebbi,

Please check out this link, which will guide you through how to manage Do Not Disturb settings, and may help: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad

Change your Do Not Disturb settings

If you don't want to be disturbed at a certain time, you can set a schedule and change other Do Not Disturb features to help you concentrate.

iPhone screen showing how to adjust Do not Disturb settings 

1. Go to Settings > Focus.
2. Tap Do Not Disturb.
3. You can select allowed or silenced notifications from people and apps, connect your Lock Screen or Home Screen, have this Focus turn on automatically, and add Focus filters.

As for your question about groups, can you let us know more about your goal, so we can better assist you? For example, are you referring to group contacts, group messages, or something else?

The above details will help us plan how to proceed.

Thank you.

Feb 6, 2023 9:42 AM in response to aberrebbi

aberrebbi wrote:
1. I may be missing something but now when I set my do not disturb, it silences everything, even the ones I allowed. Combining it with Focus has made it much more user unfriendly in my opinion.
How do I set it so ANY calls from people not in my contacts gets silenced
2. How do I create new groups now on my phone

You are correct, the new Focus/DND while being more flexible is indeed user unfriendly. Check out these good suggestions here:

Focus mode for calls only - Apple Community

The new focus and do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.