Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max AirPods disconnect during phone calls

I’ve recently purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max (ios16.3) and every time I use my AirPods 2nd Gen on a phone call, the audio output symbol on the phone call screen alternates from the AirPod symbol to BT Audio and cuts in and out of the phone call. It can happen in any environment. The AirPods work perfectly fine listening to music or watching video.

I’ve been to the Genius Bar and spoken to Apple on the phone numerous times to try and resolve. Everything has been reset, restored, updated, unpaired, repaired, replaced and I still have the same issue.

Very frustrating and time consuming to try and resolve. Has anyone come across this problem?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 3:33 AM

So after contacting Apple again, the last resort after they had replaced everything was to ditch the backups, sync what I could to the cloud, reset the phone and re-install all of my apps from scratch. This fixed the problem which suggests the problem was with the transfer process from my iPhone 11 to my new iPhone 14 Pro Max. The backup must of also had the same problem. All good now!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 3:33 AM in response to Dougy_5000

So after contacting Apple again, the last resort after they had replaced everything was to ditch the backups, sync what I could to the cloud, reset the phone and re-install all of my apps from scratch. This fixed the problem which suggests the problem was with the transfer process from my iPhone 11 to my new iPhone 14 Pro Max. The backup must of also had the same problem. All good now!

Feb 6, 2023 12:45 PM in response to Dougy_5000

Hi Dougy_5000,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

It sounds like you have tried most of the trouble-shooting we would suggest, but have you ever isolated the issue further by testing with another iPhone? Pairing them with another iPhone and making a phone call might let you know conclusively if the issue is with your iPhone 14 Pro Max or the AirPods.

We'd then recommend contacting Apple Support once more.

Have a fantastic day!

iPhone 14 Pro Max AirPods disconnect during phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.