Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods-2 connectivity issues

I regularly use my AirPods-2 with my iPhone-X running iOS14.4 for hands-free calls, so I can take notes.

4 or 5 times a week I have a situation that when a call starts, the AirPods speakers are live, (I can hear my caller) but the AirPods microphones are not live, (the caller can't hear me). It is remedied by disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth link, but it's frustrating as it requires a hang-up and redial.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this problem, or if there is a flag to warn of the 'speakers connected but microphones not connected' scenario, please?

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 2:38 PM

Hi Tonymeadows100,

We understand you're encountering some issues with your AirPods when used with your iPhone X.

Try the steps on the following page to Reset your AirPods, make sure you see the status light flash amber to confirm they've been reset, than pair them with your iPhone and test to see whether the behavior persists.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Tonymeadows100

Hi Tonymeadows100,

We understand you're encountering some issues with your AirPods when used with your iPhone X.

Try the steps on the following page to Reset your AirPods, make sure you see the status light flash amber to confirm they've been reset, than pair them with your iPhone and test to see whether the behavior persists.

Take care!

AirPods-2 connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.