Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are certain emails in my junk folder that I am not able to delete. I've pasted a sample in order to see the message.Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 9.58.30 AM

There are certain emails in my junk folder I am not able to delete. See message in attached sample.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:41 PM

I use MS-Exchange and use several different Macs and devices with it. On one recently, an iMac, I got that same error message for a message that I was trying to delete.

If you can access your Inbox via the web-based interface, try that and make sure the message(s) you want deleted have been deleted. If not, delete them there and recheck in Apple Mail after quitting Apple Mail and then reopening it.

If that error still persists on your Mac under Mail, try selecting that Junk mailbox and select Rebuild under the Mailbox menu in Apple Mail. That is how I resolved my issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 12:41 PM in response to dlatkovic

I use MS-Exchange and use several different Macs and devices with it. On one recently, an iMac, I got that same error message for a message that I was trying to delete.

If you can access your Inbox via the web-based interface, try that and make sure the message(s) you want deleted have been deleted. If not, delete them there and recheck in Apple Mail after quitting Apple Mail and then reopening it.

If that error still persists on your Mac under Mail, try selecting that Junk mailbox and select Rebuild under the Mailbox menu in Apple Mail. That is how I resolved my issue.

There are certain emails in my junk folder that I am not able to delete. I've pasted a sample in order to see the message.Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 9.58.30 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.