Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from Google Chrome

Updated to latest version of Ventura. Since I did this I cannot print from Chrome. I wait for the preview and it never sifhows up. If you have had this problem how did you fix it? I have a MacBook Pro 2018. It works fine with Safari.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 10:05 AM

If you have not restarted the computer since the upgrade to Ventura, I recommend trying that first.

It works fine with Safari.

That suggests this is a Google problem. Maybe they have not fully reacted to macOS 13 yet. It has always been the responsibility of software developers to keep up with OS changes, not the other way around. I suspect you you will get faster answers by asking Google support.

If Google support isn't helpful, try this:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support

Some relevant hits on an internet search I just did suggest changing browsers! can't entirely disagree.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 10:05 AM in response to csteinbrecher

If you have not restarted the computer since the upgrade to Ventura, I recommend trying that first.

It works fine with Safari.

That suggests this is a Google problem. Maybe they have not fully reacted to macOS 13 yet. It has always been the responsibility of software developers to keep up with OS changes, not the other way around. I suspect you you will get faster answers by asking Google support.

If Google support isn't helpful, try this:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support

Some relevant hits on an internet search I just did suggest changing browsers! can't entirely disagree.

Feb 4, 2023 5:17 PM in response to csteinbrecher

Hi Allan...

After looking through Google Support Group and not really finding what I needed I started looking on Google... I found an article about going to Chrome and looking at Experiments...

I found the following:

I typed in Printer and found this item....It was set at Default. I enabled it and all of a sudden everything started working again... I am sure other have had this problem. and wanted to share this.

Carol

Feb 4, 2023 5:33 PM in response to csteinbrecher

csteinbrecher Said:

"Printing from Google Chrome: Updated to latest version of Ventura. Since I did this I cannot print from Chrome. I wait for the preview and it never sifhows up. If you have had this problem how did you fix it? I have a MacBook Pro 2018. It works fine with Safari."

-------

Troubleshooting Printing in Google Chrome:

Are you using the print menu? If so, what happens when you print this as a PDF document? Does it create that? If not, then there may be something corrupt with Google Chrome, and you may need to install it. So, try printing this as a PDF document, reporting back if you have that option and are successfully able to print this as such: Save a Document as a PDF on Mac - Apple Support

Printing from Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.