Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular issue icon not turning green

After the update to 9.3 I fixed the battery drain issue by doing a factory reset. But now the cellular symbol won’t turn green when I don’t have my phone with me. I’ve also tested it with 3 other watches and they are all having the same issue. Phone in airplane mode watch doesn’t recognize there isn’t a phone connection. Verified everything is correct with the cell provider. Worked up until the update.

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Hi AvaEnsign,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about cellular on your Apple Watch, and we're happy to help. Check out the information below to ensure that cellular data is enabled on your Apple Watch.

1. Make sure that cellular data is turned on with your Apple Watch: To turn your cellular connection on or off, swipe up from the watch face to open Control Center. Tap the cellular button, then turn Cellular on or off.
  2. From the same screen, scroll down and ensure that you see "connected" and the correct carrier showing there as well

You mentioned that the icon isn't turning green to indicate you have a cellular connection when putting your device in Air Plane mode. After putting your device on Air Plane mode, does restarting your Apple Watch make any difference?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 4:17 PM in response to AvaEnsign

Hi AvaEnsign,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about cellular on your Apple Watch, and we're happy to help. Check out the information below to ensure that cellular data is enabled on your Apple Watch.

1. Make sure that cellular data is turned on with your Apple Watch: To turn your cellular connection on or off, swipe up from the watch face to open Control Center. Tap the cellular button, then turn Cellular on or off.
  2. From the same screen, scroll down and ensure that you see "connected" and the correct carrier showing there as well

You mentioned that the icon isn't turning green to indicate you have a cellular connection when putting your device in Air Plane mode. After putting your device on Air Plane mode, does restarting your Apple Watch make any difference?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks.

Cellular issue icon not turning green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.