Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and iMessage not working

It doesn’t let me FaceTime anyone it always says “(number) in the contact card is not available” and I can’t send iMessage anymore, all messages are always texts since I’ve been away. I went on holiday for a month and bought a temporary SIM card when I was away and since I’ve put my normal SIM card back in both FaceTime and iMessage haven’t work, not sure if they relate to each other but how can I get it to work again?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 2:06 PM

1. In the Settings app, tap Cellular. Make sure that your phone line is turned on. If you use multiple SIMs, make sure that the phone number you want to use is selected and turned on.
  2. In the Settings app, tap Messages. Then tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap the phone number that you want to use with Messages.
  4. Go back in the Settings app, and tap FaceTime.
  5. Tap the phone number that you want to use with FaceTime.

This excerpt is from If you have an issue with Messages or FaceTime after setting up your new iPhone - Apple Support

If you need further assistance Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support. Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 2:06 PM in response to c_silvana

1. In the Settings app, tap Cellular. Make sure that your phone line is turned on. If you use multiple SIMs, make sure that the phone number you want to use is selected and turned on.
  2. In the Settings app, tap Messages. Then tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap the phone number that you want to use with Messages.
  4. Go back in the Settings app, and tap FaceTime.
  5. Tap the phone number that you want to use with FaceTime.

This excerpt is from If you have an issue with Messages or FaceTime after setting up your new iPhone - Apple Support

If you need further assistance Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support. Good Luck!

FaceTime and iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.