Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lockdown mode blocking focus sharing but focus isn’t even on?

As the title says, I have my phone on lockdown and don’t use focus modes ever for any reason. I’ve gone thru the settings and disabled it on purpose in privacy and the focus settings to try and fix this but somehow I keep getting repeated notifications stating that lockdown blocked focus sharing. They come in 2’s - 3’s and I have no idea why or what’s causing it. Anybody else experience this?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 3:58 AM

I had this problem as well, but it stopped after a while. But I have a similar issue now.

My phone says that lockdown mode blocked my screen time being shared with others. It looks the same as the focus notification, but says screen time.

This notification has shown every night for the last week at different hours.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 3:58 AM in response to austin0000

I had this problem as well, but it stopped after a while. But I have a similar issue now.

My phone says that lockdown mode blocked my screen time being shared with others. It looks the same as the focus notification, but says screen time.

This notification has shown every night for the last week at different hours.

Feb 9, 2023 2:25 PM in response to austin0000

I get the same messages. My phone was infected with Pegasus between January 2022 and November 2022. I discovered Pegasus when I started having memory issues on my IPhone. I took the phone to Orchard and they did forensics on the phone and discovered a reference to Pegasus. Later I took the phone to the FBI and reported the malware.

I keep my phone in lockdown mode always now.

Feb 5, 2023 12:29 AM in response to austin0000

Harden your iPhone from a cyberattack with Lockdown Mode

Lockdown Mode is an extreme, optional protection for iPhone that should be used only if you believe you may be targeted by a highly sophisticated cyberattack, such as by a private company developing state-sponsored mercenary spyware.

Important: Most people are never targeted by attacks of this nature.

When iPhone is in Lockdown Mode, it won’t function as it typically does. Apps, websites, and features will be strictly limited for security, and some experiences won’t be available.

Learn about Lockdown Mode

• Go to Settings  > Privacy & Security > Lockdown Mode, then tap Learn More.

Lockdown mode blocking focus sharing but focus isn’t even on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.