Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my WhatsApp because my apple ID is disabled. I have created a new Apple ID but still can't update it

I am having troubles updating my WhatsApp on Iphone as it says my Apple ID has been disabled on the App store. I had a previous Apple ID which got banned due to payment issues. But i have created a new one but is preventing me from updating most of the Apps including WhatsApp.

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 3:19 AM

it says my Apple ID has been disabled on the App store. I had a previous Apple ID which got banned due to payment issues.

If you see a message that says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes", there is a problem with your payment method on your account, to resolve the problem you need help from Apple support,  click -> contact Apple Support for help.

But i have created a new one but is preventing me from updating most of the Apps including WhatsApp.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

Click here for more support and assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 3:19 AM in response to haruna293

it says my Apple ID has been disabled on the App store. I had a previous Apple ID which got banned due to payment issues.

If you see a message that says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes", there is a problem with your payment method on your account, to resolve the problem you need help from Apple support,  click -> contact Apple Support for help.

But i have created a new one but is preventing me from updating most of the Apps including WhatsApp.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

Click here for more support and assistance.

I can't update my WhatsApp because my apple ID is disabled. I have created a new Apple ID but still can't update it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.