Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see the any albums, not even the shared albums in MacBook Pro ( OS 12.6.3)

I can't see the any albums, not even the shared albums in MacBook Pro ( OS 12.6.3). If I go to view, i can get to all albums, including shared albums but some of them, don't show the latest pictures. All of this used to work ok but it looks like in the Mac, Photos app seems to be corrupted somehow. All shared albums are visible in all other devices, iPhone, iPad, etc. It seems that I need to reinstall Photos in my Mac but I haven't been able to find a way to do that. Can anybody help?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 2:45 AM

Are the albums missing from the sidebar in Photos, but you can see them in the View menu?

Then you may have hidden the albums.

In the sidebar of Photos, to the right of the word "Albums", hover the pointer, until the disclosure triangle paper and click it. This should bring back the list of albums.

Also, some photos may vanish from your library on macOS Monterey, if you have enabled the Shared iCloud Photos Library on another Mac with macOS 13 Ventura or an iPhone or iPad with iOS/iPadOS 16. You can no longer view the photos on devices with older system versions, if you ,over photos to the Shared iCloud Family Library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 2:45 AM in response to Danieldelarosa

Are the albums missing from the sidebar in Photos, but you can see them in the View menu?

Then you may have hidden the albums.

In the sidebar of Photos, to the right of the word "Albums", hover the pointer, until the disclosure triangle paper and click it. This should bring back the list of albums.

Also, some photos may vanish from your library on macOS Monterey, if you have enabled the Shared iCloud Photos Library on another Mac with macOS 13 Ventura or an iPhone or iPad with iOS/iPadOS 16. You can no longer view the photos on devices with older system versions, if you ,over photos to the Shared iCloud Family Library.

I can't see the any albums, not even the shared albums in MacBook Pro ( OS 12.6.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.