Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handwriting - Traditional Chinese Virtual Trackpad does not appear after upgrading to Ventura

Hello.

I use Handwriting - Traditional as muy main method of inputting Traditional Chinese characters on a Mac.

Before upgrading to Ventura (from Montery), switching to Handwriting - Traditional input source will display a virtual trackpad and I can see on screen my strokes and the suggested characters.

After upgrading to Ventura, switching to Handwriting - Traditional input source either from the input menu in the status bar or the shortcut (Option + Shift + Space) will not cause the virtual trackpad to display on screen.

While I do appreciate that the suggested characters now appear on the touch bar, I do not appreciate that the option to display the virtual trackpad on screen is unavailable. Is this by design, or is it a bug?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:13 PM

Try a safe boot

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 5, 2023 5:47 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Thanks for linking to help page. Noted that I wrote "Option + Shift + Space" in my question but I do know that the correct combination is "Control + Shift + Space".

Unfortunately that does not get the result that I want. I want this graphic interface (image attached) to be able to display on screen.

Switching to Handwriting input does not get it to show, while prior to upgrading to Ventura it did.

Handwriting - Traditional Chinese Virtual Trackpad does not appear after upgrading to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.