Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 15.7.3 and iPadOS 15.7.3

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iOS?

I’m not able to upgrade my iOS

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 9:17 AM

I see you are already running iOS 12 and your iPhone 6 Plus can only update as far as iOS 12.5.7 so you may already be running the highest version currently available for that model.

Here are two different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is on your device.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly. Click here --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here are instructions about how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder on a Mac computer --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

If your Apple mobile device won't update, read this support article --> If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 9:17 AM in response to herrybeth

I see you are already running iOS 12 and your iPhone 6 Plus can only update as far as iOS 12.5.7 so you may already be running the highest version currently available for that model.

Here are two different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is on your device.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly. Click here --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Here are instructions about how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder on a Mac computer --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

If your Apple mobile device won't update, read this support article --> If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

How do I update my iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.