Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Safari Reader Only Shows Blank Screen

Until about a week ago I was able to use reader mode in Safari on my 11” iPad Pro 4th gen with no issues. I downloaded Speechify, and after the extension was enabled reader mode will now only load blank screens. I’ve tried…

• Closing out Safari
  • Soft rebooting device
  • Deleting Speechify & disabling all extensions
  • Resetting all settings (not factory reset)
  • Turning on auto-request desktop website (and turning it back off)
  • Asking nicely
  • Asking not nicely
  • More, I’m sure, but I can’t remember what else at the moment.

Help please. I really hope

someone else has dealt with this, reading on that bright white screen is burning my eyes out of my head.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Cell 5G

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:51 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2023 2:10 PM in response to jesus_freak01

Hello jesus_freak01,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with Safari loading pages. Try the steps here to see if they resolve the issue: If Safari isn't loading websites or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can't load a website or webpage, or Safari quits unexpectedly, follow these steps.

Connect to a different network

Try to load a website, like www.apple.com, using cellular data. If you don't have cellular data, connect to a different Wi-Fi network and then load the website.

If you're using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), check your VPN settings. If you have a VPN turned on, some apps or websites might block content from loading.

Restart your device

Turn off your device and turn it on again.

Clear website data

You can clear website data occasionally to improve Safari performance.

1. Go to Settings > Safari.
  2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.
  3. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.

Turn on JavaScript

Turn on JavaScript if it's not already on.

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced.
  2. Find the JavaScript feature.
  3. Tap the button to turn on JavaScript.

Get more help

If the issue continues and only affects a certain website or webpage, check if you have Private Relay turned on. You can temporarily turn off Private Relay in iCloud Settings. If Safari still doesn't load websites and you tried all of these steps, contact the website developer for more help."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

iPad Safari Reader Only Shows Blank Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.