Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SAFARI MEDIA PLAYER DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY

Since updating my iPad Pro 11” 2020 to iPadOS 14.7.1, Safari media player is not working properly: the video keeps showing the buffer wheel and when you click on the video the player’s controls don’t show up; it’s like the screen is frozen. Only the audio seems to work normally - I hear the video’s audio track go on while the image remain still.

My mom’s iPad Air 4 (that she bought last winter) was updated to iPadOS 14.7.1 too, but everything works normally; only my iPad Pro has this issue.

I tried to restart the iPad, to turn it off —> keep it switched off for a while —> reboot it but nothing worked, and the issue keeps showing up. What could it be, and how do I solve it?

Thank you so much for any help, and have a great day.

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 12:25 PM

Hey a.gandi,

It appears that when trying to watch videos in Safari on your iPad Pro, the video will stop playing and you only hear audio. You can see if clearing the history and cookies of Safari of your iPad Pro may help: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, you'll want to make sure your iPad Pro is connected to a strong reliable Wi-Fi network to ensure it can load and play the video without any issues.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 12:25 PM in response to a.gandi

Hey a.gandi,

It appears that when trying to watch videos in Safari on your iPad Pro, the video will stop playing and you only hear audio. You can see if clearing the history and cookies of Safari of your iPad Pro may help: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, you'll want to make sure your iPad Pro is connected to a strong reliable Wi-Fi network to ensure it can load and play the video without any issues.

Take care!

Jul 28, 2021 12:49 PM in response to claire504

If the issue had been solved just by clearing Safari’s history and cookies (which I did by the way, multiple times, but it didn’t solve anything) I wouldn’t have asked for help here.

My (fibre) connection is and has always been stable and super fast. It also has never given me the slightest problem or error, and I’ve always been able to play any kind of media (not just in Safari but in any browser I have on my iPad)….until the update happened.

The issue is not solved. I need serious help, please.

SAFARI MEDIA PLAYER DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.