Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bug

How to fix my safari video black screen but have sound , i recently updated to iOS 15.4 and my safari videos didn’t work out it turn into a black screen

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 6:09 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2022 10:03 AM in response to rabbi1812

Hi, rabbi1812,

To resolve any issues you may be having with Safari video playback, we would recommend the following steps:

1. Update to iOS 15.4.1, which includes bug fixes and security updates that will be beneficial for your device: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. In addition to changes being made to the iOS software itself, iOS updates also update pre-installed apps, like Safari. These updates may help with any unexpected behavior.
  2. See if the issue occurs on multiple videos, and also multiple websites. This will let us know if the issue is Safari and/or your iPhone, or just a specific video or website.
  3. Clear your Safari history and cookies, following Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This will remove any issues that may be caused from previous Safari browsing activity.

Should the issue persist after that, don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2022 12:57 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

I am having the same problem. All videos on all websites are black, but the audio works.

This is on both Safari and Firefox. If I go directly to YouTube without using the browser, the video is visible.

If you drag the video along, the stills are visable despite the black screen.

I suspect the problem is from the iOS 15.4.1 upgrade as this problem just occurred in the last week.

Is there a way to downgrade to the previous iOS version?

Thanks.

Safari bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.