Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.4 update: black screen when watching videos in safari

When I updated my device to ios 15.4 and tried watching a video in safari it showed me a black screen. I was able to fix this problem before in the previous ios updates by turning off GPU process: media in experimental features of safari settings. But then when I checked settings GPU process: media wasn’t there anymore.

Can someone tell or help me with what to do so I can watch videos again in safari?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 9:23 PM

Dylan1408 Said:

"iOS 15.4 update: black screen when watching videos in safari"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that this began after you installed this update, and provide the URL of this post.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 9:23 PM in response to Dylan1408

Dylan1408 Said:

"iOS 15.4 update: black screen when watching videos in safari"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that this began after you installed this update, and provide the URL of this post.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Mar 18, 2022 9:23 PM in response to Dylan1408

Dylan1408 Said:

"iOS 15.4 update: black screen when watching videos in safari: Can someone tell or help me with what to do so I can watch videos again in safari?"

-------

Troubleshooting Blacked-Out Safari:

Try a Factory Reset:

You cannot uninstall the app and then reinstall it. So the best bet here is to, backup your iPhone, and then reset your iPhone to Factory Settings. You'd then reinstall everything manually. So, make note of what apps are on there. Perform as instructed here, including creating a backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

iOS 15.4 update: black screen when watching videos in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.