Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple forcing purchase of Apple Music

So I’ve spent over 15 hours on web chat with Apple & on the phone as the majority of my purchased music was not showing on my new iPhone 13… Apple could not sort it out, then when they finally found it, the purchases were hidden and they blamed me for it! Despite it showing on my old phone. They undid my purchases and whilst a few purchases did reappear the rest did NOT. These are purchases made since 2006 so loads. I haven’t got a computer or Mac to sync to iTunes and the ‘sync music’ button DID NOT appear in music settings.

I decided after all the hours and time wasted I would sign up to Apple Music with the free 2 months offer and low and behold the ‘sync music’ button has now appeared and most of my music has suddenly appeared in my library. I am fuming! What the **** are Apple doing?!!!! I have no plans to sign up for Apple Music so what happens to my purchases if I don’t? I have paid for them, they clearly show in my purchases history (I have taken screen shots just in case!) this is a disgrace Apple, I would never have bought another iPhone if I thought you were going to be so covert and basically disgraceful…. I’ve had an iPhone since the day it was launched in the uk, this is disgusting

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 3:47 AM

So Pica, Apple could not help me and I had lost all of my own music on both my iPad and iPhone, loads of purchases remained missing! I managed to get to my iTunes library and was hoping to sync it to my phone and ipad - I could not as I was still subscribed to the free 2 months of Apple Music - losing access to my 2876 songs!! So I unsubscribed to Apple Music and lo and behold I can now sync to my iPhone and iPad. So yes I will reiterate, Apple are FORCING subscriptions to Apple Music, removing access to my own music which IS NOT AVAILABLE on iTunes, it’s a disgrace and I still have purchases missing. Deeply disappointed in Apple, I would never had purchased a new iPhone if I thought they behaved like this and now I’m stuck with it, not acceptable

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 3:47 AM in response to picas

So Pica, Apple could not help me and I had lost all of my own music on both my iPad and iPhone, loads of purchases remained missing! I managed to get to my iTunes library and was hoping to sync it to my phone and ipad - I could not as I was still subscribed to the free 2 months of Apple Music - losing access to my 2876 songs!! So I unsubscribed to Apple Music and lo and behold I can now sync to my iPhone and iPad. So yes I will reiterate, Apple are FORCING subscriptions to Apple Music, removing access to my own music which IS NOT AVAILABLE on iTunes, it’s a disgrace and I still have purchases missing. Deeply disappointed in Apple, I would never had purchased a new iPhone if I thought they behaved like this and now I’m stuck with it, not acceptable

Feb 7, 2023 7:00 AM in response to Bexcarter

Yep that’s the problem iTunes wouldn’t let me download anything until I signed up to imusic! Nothing, zilch, all of my purchases gone - even Apple couldn’t fix it! I have never had Apple Music, don’t want it - even the Apple advisors wouldn’t admit what you’ve just said that you can’t sync your music unless you are signed up to Apple Music it’sa disgrace

Apple forcing purchase of Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.