Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music that I've purchased in 2015 disappeared from my library

In 2015, I bought the music Exile Vilify from the band The National, but for some reason, I can't find it anywhere in the Music App.

I've done everything from "Sync Library" to "Unhide Song" from Hidden Purchases (I found the purchased song there, I didn't know why it was hidden but when I unhid it still didn't appear anywhere). And when I go to iTunes to see if the song is already purchased, it shows me that I have to pay again:

Another thing that I tried was to "Report a purchase problem" but the list just goes up to Feb of 2022.

Here I'm sharing the screenshot from the purchase:

One last thing that I tried was to "Manage purchases" from the Music App, as my account is linked to a Family sharing I click on Music App>Account>Manage Family, but after that it shows me this everytime I try:

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 1:18 PM

When you open iTunes, or Music, and you are signed into your Apple ID, then your library should show any unhidden past purchases that are not downloaded to the computer with cloud links that should allow you to stream or download the item. Close and then reopen your application to see if such a link appears.

Note that access to past purchases is contingent upon them still being available in the store. Occasionally content is withdrawn, and perhaps moves from one publisher to another in a particular region. A reissue might not be recognized as your past purchase.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 1:18 PM in response to JorgeDominguez92

When you open iTunes, or Music, and you are signed into your Apple ID, then your library should show any unhidden past purchases that are not downloaded to the computer with cloud links that should allow you to stream or download the item. Close and then reopen your application to see if such a link appears.

Note that access to past purchases is contingent upon them still being available in the store. Occasionally content is withdrawn, and perhaps moves from one publisher to another in a particular region. A reissue might not be recognized as your past purchase.

tt2

Music that I've purchased in 2015 disappeared from my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.