Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ripped songs replaced with "purchased" songs (that I didn't purchase)

I've just noticed that two songs from a ripped CD have been replaced in Apple Music (version 1.3.3.2) with "purchased" versions of the same song. But I never purchased those songs. Moreover, the "purchased" tracks appear to be uneditable! I can open the track info, but I can't edit any of the content.

See image below. Two tracks from Paul McCartney's best-of album, which I had ripped, have been removed and replaced with versions that Apple Music now claims I purchased.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting I can change to avoid it happening again? Is there anything I can do to return these tracks to the album they belong to, or do I have to just rerip those tracks??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 1:21 PM

I have seen purchased tracks revert to their original metadata for reasons, but those are editable. Are these locally stored tracks, or items in the cloud? Do you have an Apple Music subscription, or just the Music app? I presume you don't have a backup that would let you restore the affected files and your library database.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 1:21 PM in response to craggyair

I have seen purchased tracks revert to their original metadata for reasons, but those are editable. Are these locally stored tracks, or items in the cloud? Do you have an Apple Music subscription, or just the Music app? I presume you don't have a backup that would let you restore the affected files and your library database.

tt2

Ripped songs replaced with "purchased" songs (that I didn't purchase)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.