Apple Music track order on ripped CD - no way to correct?

I have recently ripped a purchased CD to my collection and while the track numbers are correct, the Album display shows (and plays) them out of order.

Example, this is how they are viewed in "album view"

1 First track

13 Second to last track

3 Third track

4 Fourth track

--- (everything in between as expected)---

11 Eleventh track

12 Twefth track

14 Last track

No amount of futzing with the info fields or dropping and dragging seems to correct this. The app knows that track 13 is the 13th track but it simply will not play or display it in that order no matter what I do.

Apple Music 1.2.5.7

Monterey 12.6.2

MacBook Air M1, 2020

Please refrain from telling me to purchase Apple Music Monthly to solve this issue, this is not about that, this is about playing ripped CDs on my mac. Like ya do when you are an old fart.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:56 PM

Perhaps I should have pulled out this link for your attention: Grouping tracks into albums. Is there any inconsistency (perhaps only in the CaSe of one letter) in Artist, Album Artist, Sort Artist, Sort Album Artist, Album, Sort Album, or part of a compilation? Using the trailing X trick may clear up such an issue you are not otherwise aware of.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 12:56 PM in response to BobWhitmore

Perhaps I should have pulled out this link for your attention: Grouping tracks into albums. Is there any inconsistency (perhaps only in the CaSe of one letter) in Artist, Album Artist, Sort Artist, Sort Album Artist, Album, Sort Album, or part of a compilation? Using the trailing X trick may clear up such an issue you are not otherwise aware of.

tt2

Apple Music track order on ripped CD - no way to correct?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.