You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could Apple update my MacOS Mojave to fix the "Camera Gate" issue? Could Apple fix my "No video capture devices were found." problem for free?

Could Apple update my MacOS Mojave to fix the "Camera Gate" issue?

Could Apple fix my "No video capture devices were found." problem for free?

Troubleshooting I tried to no avail:

1) Reset SMC

2) Reset NVRAM

3) Safe Mode

4) Reinstall Mojave

5) Create another Admin Profile

6) I would not update beyond Mojave because I am using some 32bits applications

7) Privacy Settings

8) Accessibility

9) Apple Diagnostics returns "There may be an issue with the camera." Code: NDC001

10) sudo Killall VDCAssistant & sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant return "No matching processes were found"

11) Clean camera cable connectors with 99% isopropyl alcohol

Tried everything I could find online.

How to fix this issue?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 3:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 4:29 PM

9) Apple Diagnostics returns "There may be an issue with the camera." Code: NDC001

It may be vague but that is all AD can determine: the FaceTime camera or its related hardware is defective. Software cannot fix defective hardware.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Could Apple update my MacOS Mojave to fix the "Camera Gate" issue? Could Apple fix my "No video capture devices were found." problem for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.