Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Apple support email

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could help me out. I received an email supposedly from Apple support trying to get my information. I was wondering if anyone knew where to report it?

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:24 AM

Forward email attempts as an attachment (in MacOS Mail use the paperclip icon) to: reportphishing@apple.com then delete it.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 11:24 AM in response to Applehelppp_

Forward email attempts as an attachment (in MacOS Mail use the paperclip icon) to: reportphishing@apple.com then delete it.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

Fake Apple support email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.