You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

support@id.apple.com

I received an email from this address. Is it reliable?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 10:52 AM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2023 11:10 AM in response to anne-marie255

Maybe. "id.apple.com" would be an Apple.com subdomain, so may be fine, but, Email addresses can be spoofed.

Don't know that apple uses id.apple.com. They use appleid.apple.com or more regularly noreply@email.apple.com for most account notifications.

What did the email say exactly?

Do not post any private info here please.

Also, was it addressed to the name on file for your Apple ID, or to your email address directly?

Apple will normally not use your email address in the header for the email instead using "Dear "

and the name they have on file for you.

click here ➜ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

click here ➜ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Nov 20, 2023 11:20 AM in response to Phil0124

Thank you for replying.

I received the mail in my 'spam-inbox'. So I was not at ease. It said that my Apple Id was used from a not verified utility and that I should click on the link in the mail to verify. They also mentioned that I wouldn't be able to use my apple ID any further. But I had to use it to log in on this platform so it wasn't blocked.

(sorry I'm not an english native speaker)

support@id.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.