Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to tell if an email from Apple is a scam?

I received this email a few minutes ago and I’m wondering if it’s real or not as when I looked at the sender, pictured as well, it says it came from an iCloud email address instead of customer support. Can you help me please? Thanks

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:57 PM

BreakingBottlesEnt Said:

"Scam?: I received this email a few minutes ago and I’m wondering if it’s real or not as when I looked at the sender, pictured as well, it says it came from an iCloud email address instead of customer support. Can you help me please? Thanks"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

That is a scam. Apple wouldn't send you an email right off the bat about this. So, what happens when you open iTunes, TV, or Music? Does it play just fine? If so, then it is obviously not disabled.

So, Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and modify. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 10:57 PM in response to BreakingBottlesEnt

BreakingBottlesEnt Said:

"Scam?: I received this email a few minutes ago and I’m wondering if it’s real or not as when I looked at the sender, pictured as well, it says it came from an iCloud email address instead of customer support. Can you help me please? Thanks"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

That is a scam. Apple wouldn't send you an email right off the bat about this. So, what happens when you open iTunes, TV, or Music? Does it play just fine? If so, then it is obviously not disabled.

So, Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and modify. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

How to tell if an email from Apple is a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.