You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro M2 Maximum Battery Capacity drops

The Maximum Capacity went down to 93% after only 18 cycles, every week 1 percent of maximum capacity decreases.

I use Apple's original power adapter for charging and when it's on battery I use it till 25 to 30% and then replugged.

Can someone say what the reason is or do you have this issue with?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:04 PM

Hi Henderson,

Thanks for your great reply

But I have already read those tips and match my MacBook with them but also my battery every week maximum capacity 1% drops.

I think the battery has some issues

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 8, 2023 5:34 PM in response to SalahFarzin

Hi SalahFarzin,

We'd like to share some information as it can be expected for batteries to chemically age as covered in About battery health management in Mac laptops - Apple Support. There are some tips in Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple that will help with maximizing the battery, which is highly suggested if you have battery concerns. If you have additional concerns after reviewing those details, you can reach out to Apple Support for further investigation.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Feb 8, 2023 5:38 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Catalina software 10.15.5 and later for MacBook Pro with T2 chip (2018 models and later) includes a new feature called Battery Health Management. Based on your usage patterns, this widens the hysteresis to initiate a charge cycle at a lower level, and stop before 99 percent.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

About battery health management in Mac laptops - Apple Support

This relaxes the set points around re-charging (based on your usage patterns) and can improve long term battery lifetimes. When active, recharging may stop short of 100 percent charged. Recharging may only begin at a lower level than the previous "normal" threshold of 92 percent or less.

Feb 8, 2023 5:37 PM in response to SalahFarzin

For Nickel-Cadmium batteries, your pre-conceived notions about how to use the battery would have been great. Todays computers use Lithium-Polymer batteries and are harmed by frequent and deep discharges, shortening overall battery life, NOT extending it.

That computer is a battery-CAPABLE device. It is not optimized as a battery-operated device. (It is NOT an iPhone.)

Your computer performs best when connected to AC power. It can use the full output of the Power Adapter AND when doing especially challenging work will also freely "borrow" power from the battery. In some cases, even with the power adapter connected, the charged state may even decline during stressful work.

When used only on battery, your computer has no extra cushion of power, and may perform more slowly. However, for ordinary non-stressful tasks this may not be objectionable (possibly not even noticeable.)

In general, you should ALWAYS connect AC power when it is possible to do so, and only run on batteries (which could be somewhat slower) when no AC sources are at hand. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge.

MacBook pro M2 Maximum Battery Capacity drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.