Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M2 - After 3 Cycle My Battery Capacity at 97%

New Macbook Air M2 - After 3 Cycles of Battery, My Battery Maximum Capacity Was 97%. Is this abnormal or What? is it Okay to Keep On the power Adapter while I'm using or do I need to run on the battery after it's fully charged.?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 12:36 PM

Dimma97 wrote:

New Macbook Air M2 - After 3 Cycles of Battery, My Battery Maximum Capacity Was 97%. Is this abnormal or What? is it Okay to Keep On the power Adapter while I'm using or do I need to run on the battery after it's fully charged.?

I see no issue here.

The rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on the battery only—this is how you optimize your battery charging and extend the working life of your battery by reducing the cycle count.

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops - Apple Support

let the BHM worry about your battery, forget about it—

Battery Health Management w/ Apple Silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Your % can go up over time it is not static and it is not linear

example only not for direct comparision:

BHM notice ~1 yr the Battery health % has increased over time see col.2, battery cycles col.5

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 12:36 PM in response to Dimma97

Dimma97 wrote:

I see no issue here.

The rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on the battery only—this is how you optimize your battery charging and extend the working life of your battery by reducing the cycle count.

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops - Apple Support

let the BHM worry about your battery, forget about it—

Battery Health Management w/ Apple Silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Your % can go up over time it is not static and it is not linear

example only not for direct comparision:

BHM notice ~1 yr the Battery health % has increased over time see col.2, battery cycles col.5

Macbook Air M2 - After 3 Cycle My Battery Capacity at 97%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.